This was my first attempt at ever doing ANYTHING Halloween related so I am super pumped about how it turned out! I was going to skip doing Halloween makeup all together but when I visited IMATS Vancouver over the weekend, I couldn’t resist picking up some stuff from Ben Nye. I started off with something different and got super frustrated at first but I stuck with it and two hours later, this was the end result. Not too shabby for my first time! Below are the products I used.
Here are the bloody deets:
– Primed my eyes with Tarte Shape Tape in the colour ‘Medium’
– Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette
1. ‘Raw Sienna’ in the crease
2. ‘Love Letter’ just under ‘raw sienna’
3. ‘Venetian Red’ to deepen the crease
4. ‘Cyprus Umber’ in the outer corner
5. ‘Vermeer’ in the inner corner
– Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Brushes Palette
1. ‘Cranapple’ on the lids
– Kat Von D tattoo liner in ‘Satin Black’
– House of Lashes Boudoir Lites
– Moisturized with Laneige Water Bank Cream
– Primed with Maybelline Pore Eraser
– Ben Nye Nose & Scar Wax to create the lacerations and open wounds
– Ben Nye Spirt Gum Adhesive to put on face under the nose & scar wax. Make sure to let it get tacky before you put on the wax.
– Use a spatula dipped in makeup remover so it doesn’t stick to the wax and smooth out the sides of the wax to blend it into the skin. I just used my eye makeup remover for this step. Here is my favourite.
– Use a spatula to make the ‘cuts’
– Loose translucent powder to set the wax.
– Estee Lauder foundation all over the face including on top of the wax in colour Tawny.
– Back to the lacerations and open wounds – filled in using the Ben Nye Zombie Wheel
– Ben Nye Stipple Brush to stipple on the red and grey on the wax
– Ben Nye Stage Blood – I just took the blood and put randomly around the lacerations and open wounds and let it drip and do its thing
– Contoured my nose with the Colourpop Cosmetics Sculpting Stick in ‘Bloom’ (No Longer Available)
– Carli Bybel x BH Cosmetics Palette to highlight cheekbones and nose
– MAC lip liner in ‘Plum’
– MAC lipstick in ‘Baby’s All Right’
Till next time,
And if you aren’t following me on Instagram already, be sure to! @the.new.beautee