Taking care of your skin is so important – and it’s only something I started doing within the last few years. I love the sun and I love being tanned so I never cared about wearing sunscreen or hats, I only cared about getting as dark as possible. Big mistake. I know that now. I also used to not care about taking off my makeup, or washing my face properly. Another big mistake lol.
I’ve learned a lot in the last few years about skincare and sometimes it can become very overwhelming. There is literally a cream or serum or oil for every part of your body. So what is important and what products are good?
First it’s important to know what skin type you are.
- Normal Skin (Everyone’s dream, lol)
- Oily Skin
- Dry Skin
- Combination Skin
Normal skin is even toned, small pores and has a good balance of moisture. #skingoals.
Oily skin is when a person has excess oil on the face. Sometimes people are just oily in the T-Zone area (forehead, nose, chin).
Dry skin (my skin type) means your skin has a low level of fat secretion/oil.
Like I said before, I know it can be overwhelming when it comes to skincare – some people’s beauty regime at the end of the night have 8 steps and some only have 2.
Here is an easy 3 step regime to follow for all skin types:
1. Cleanser – A cream or milk cleanser is best for dry skin
2. Toner – Use an alcohol free one
3. Moisturize – For dry skin, the rich and creamy moisturizers are the best
1. Cleanser – A gel or foam work well for oily skin
2. Toner – Use a mattifying toner
3. Moisturizer – A lightweight cream or lotion or something mattifying
1. Cleanser – A gel or foam cleanser
2. Toner – Whatever your preference is
3. Moisturizer – Whatever your preference is as well.
And there you have it! 3 basic steps – looks easy enough right?! And your skin will thank you.
If you’d like to take it up a notch, here are some other things you could do/add into your beauty regime:
- Exfoliate your skin 2-3 times a week
- If you are going to use a serum, use it after toner and before your moisturizer
- If you are going to use an eye cream, use after your serum. Keep in mind that the skin around your eyes is much thinner than the rest of your face so don’t take your moisturizer up to the eye.
- Overnight masks 1-2 times a week
- Mask every couple of days
Skin care is something that I am truly care about now – I love reading about and trying new products. So what’s your skin type? What’s your skincare regime like? What are your favourite products? I would love to do another blog post on just skincare products so leave your faves below!
Stay tuned because in a couple days, I will be posting my nighttime routine!
Till next time,